Pictou Fisheries Training Pool
Pictou Recreation Aquatics
Description & Services
|Information||The Fisheries Training Pool was officially opened in May 1980 as a joint effort between the Department of Fisheries and the Town of Pictou. The Department of Recreation and Parks currently manages the pool and aquatic programs. The pool is 25 meters long and 15 meters wide with water depth varying from 1 meter to 3.8 meters.
Other features include:
• 1 & 3 meter diving boards
• Tarzan Rope
• Shallow water slides
• Water Basketball Nets
• Hydraulic Lift
• Aqua Wheel Chair
There are certified National Lifeguards on duty.
One of the first programs to start upon opening of the facility was the Mariners Swim Club. This club continues to operate out of the Fisheries Pool, holding practises 5 days a week.
The Pictou Fisheries Training Pool also has:
• Adult and Senior Lane Swims
• Open Swims
• Pool Birthday and Swim Rentals
• Red Cross Swim Lessons
• Red Cross Leadership Programs - AWSI, WSI
• Lifesaving Leadership Programs - Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross, National Lifeguard
• Fitness/Wellness Programs - Arthritis Water Exercise, Aqua Zumba and Aquafit
• Masters Swim Club
• School Swim Programs
The facility is open Sunday to Saturday unless otherwise noted on the Town web page
The facility is accessible to everyone!
|Hours||Daily (summer hours apply and vary).|
|Accessibility||Partially Wheelchair Accessible - Hydraulic lift and aqua wheel chair|