|Record #: MDL0162||Last Modified: 07 Jan 2016||Last Full Update: 24 Mar 2014|
|Where To Find Us||
215 Century Dr
Hebbville, NS B4V 6V8
|Phone||Hall Phone: 902-543-5866|
|Contact||Chris Kennedy; Phone: 902-543-5866|
|Description & Services|
|Information||The Hebbville Fire Department is looking for children, ages 12-17, to sign up to become a junior firefighter. Both male and females are available to join.
The Hebbville Fire Department was formed in 1971 by a small group of volunteers
wishing to provide fire service for the community.
Becoming a Junior Firefighter will include (but not be limited to):
- Performing tasks associated with firefighting ie : climbing ladders, handling hose, equipment location and usage, training, meetings, ect
- Training on fire ground command structure, accountability system, fire fighting fundamentals, identifying hazardous conditions and usage of a vast array of fire fighting equipment.
- Maintaining self discipline and professionalism while in the public's eye
- Be willing to take part in ongoing training with an ever changing learning curve
- Sports, fundraising and social functions.
|Eligibility||Ages: 12 year(s) - 17 year(s)|
|Tags||Community Organizations ; Recreation Categories ; South Shore Connect ; Volunteer Opportunity ; Youth|