|Where To Find Us||
33 Leary Fraser Rd
|Areas Served||Lunenburg County|
|Contact||For rental information or to book space; Phone: 902-541-1343; Fax: 902-527-1135; Email: Kristy.Kaizer@modl.ca|
|Alternate Contact||Marta Selassie, Trails and Open Space Coordinator; Phone: 902-541-1352; Email: Marta.Selassie@modl.ca|
|Mailing Address||c/o Municipality of the District of Lunenburg Recreation, Parks & Tourism Department
10 Allée Champlain Drive
Cookville, NS B4V 9E4
Description & Services
|Information||This multipurpose Municipal facility is a community resource providing outdoor and indoor spaces for recreation purposes.
The Municipal Activity and Recreation Complex, better known as the MARC, is a year-round indoor/outdoor recreation facility. The MARC is perfect for flying a kite, having a picnic, watching wildlife near the ponds, or exploring the trails. You can also book a softball field for a friendly game or a room for a birthday party. In the winter, the MARC is also used for cross country skiing, skating, and tobogganing. With so many offerings, the MARC is ideal to meet all your recreation needs.
Leash your pet.
Hunting and trapping are prohibited in all Municipal Parks and Green Spaces.
No motorized vehicles are permitted on the trails or green spaces.
Bicycles are permitted but exercise caution with other trail users.
No overnight camping.
There is no winter maintenance on the trails. Please respect trail tracking for skiing and snowshoeing.
The MARC is composed of the following:
• Program Building - Two Floors
• Ten kilometres of hiking/skiing and mountain bike trails for all skill levels
• Three softball fields & dugouts
• Pond for fishing and canoeing - Spring, Summer
• Pond for skating - Winter
• 18 Hole Disc Golf Course (9 baskets) Visit www.facebook.com/southshorediscgolf
• Playground - 12 years and under
• Two toboggan hills
• The back field provides an excellent dark space for stargazing
• 100 acres of open space, which includes fields, woods, ponds, brooks, and trails
• BMX/Mountain bike skills park and trails. Visit www.facebook.com/LCMBA or firstname.lastname@example.org for information
• Large grass areas for picnics or socials
• Large deck space overlooking the LaHave River from the program building