French Cross Park
|Where To Find Us||
French Cross Road
|Areas Served||Annapolis Valley Region|
Description & Services
Acadian monument and picnic park located in Morden, NS.
History of the memorial Cross:
1756 First Cross erected of driftwood. It was reported to have been standing there as late as 1820.
1887 A cross was erected by John Moore Orpin, a local land owner (land granted about 1800).
1924 October 8th., a more permanent cross was erected on the spot where the present cross stands. It was built of stone.
1964 August 29th., the present cross was erected using stones from the beach area.
For community history, local events and additional information about the village of Morden, please visit the website noted above.