|Record #: MCK0280||Last Modified: 20 Aug 2018||Last Full Update: 20 Aug 2018|
|Located In||Annapolis Valley Region|
|Areas Served||Annapolis Valley Region|
|Description & Services|
|Information||Who can volunteer?
Anyone who has knowledge or skills on a topic related to nature and wants to share his or her knowledge or skills with a group of kids!
Examples: fishermen, scientists, graduate students, park interpreters, museum staff, artists, musicians, parents, grandparents, retired persons, community members, college or university students…etc.
Hike or Field Trip Volunteer:
– One-time commitment of an afternoon (2-3 hours)
– Lead a nature walk on any topic related to nature
Examples: lead a bird walk, wildflower walk, walk to look for animal tracks in the snow, sky-watching session to learn about astronomy, teach about a particular animal …
– time commitment of an afternoon (1-2 hrs)
– Share your knowledge of nature in an informal presentation or workshop
– Teach a skill related to nature
– Lead an activity or game(s) on a topic related to nature
Examples: How to build a nest box or bat box, how to draw in nature, how to identify birds or mushrooms or flowers, how to use field guides…
Besides the above short term volunteer options we also have longer term volunteer options such as:
– volunteering to be an assistant on a regular basis at Chapter meetings
– become a YNC Chapter Leader in your community! Contact us for information on how to start up a YNC Chapter.
We also have a list of current volunteer opportunities with the YNC varying from bookkeeping to helping do background research.
Benefits of Volunteering with the YNC!
Spend time in nature
Share expertise about nature
Be physically active
Build lasting relationships
Socialize and meet new people
Expand professional network and develop marketable skills
Explore natural areas around your community
Empower and support the development of the next generation of naturalists in your community!
Be a volunteer! Contact the YNC at the above information!
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Organizations ; Recreation Categories ; Volunteer Opportunity|
|Categories - General||Children ; Outdoor Environmental Education ~ Special Interest Clubs ; Volunteer Opportunities ; Youth|