Bayview Education Centre
|Record #: MCI0048||Last Modified: 08 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 08 Mar 2017|
|Public Bulletin||Contact the Strait Regional School Board for enrollment information, cancellations, etc. Click here for SRSB website|
|Located In||Port Hood|
|Where To Find Us||
133 Company Rd
Port Hood, NS B0E 2W0
|Areas Served||Inverness County|
|Contact||Melanie MacDonald, Principal, Strait Regional School Board|
|Description & Services|
|Information||Bayview Education Centre is an Elementary School serving Grade Primary to Grade 8. The student population comes in from the following catchment areas; Creignish, Long Point, Judique, Port Hood, Mabou, Brookvillage, and all areas in between.
Available services for students include:
- Guidance Counselors
- Teacher Assistant Support Staff
- Schools Plus
- Gaelic Language Courses
- Sports - soccer, basketball, track
- Performance Arts - music, art courses
- After school buses available on designated days
This school has a kiwi & egg allergy alert!
Bayview Education Centre serves as a school and a community space. The following facilities are available to students and to the general public after school hours.
- Soccer Field
- Basketball courts - indoor/outdoor
- School Cafeteria use for public meetings, craft fairs, farmers markets, etc.
- Recreational Opportunities. For more details about recreational activities contact the Inverness County Recreation Department
|Eligibility||Primary - Grade 8|
|Dates||School Calendar Year: September - June/Monday - Friday|
|Accessibility||Fully Wheelchair Accessible - Parking, Elevator, Accessible Washrooms|
|Tags||After School Programs ; Basketball Court ; Cape Breton Connect ; Community Markets ; Playground ; Recreation Categories ; Schools ; Soccer Field ; Volunteer Opportunity ; Youth|