Stewiacke River Park
|Record #: COL0083||Last Modified: 16 Feb 2018||Last Full Update: 31 Jan 2018|
|Located Within||Stewiacke East|
|Where To Find Us||
Stewiacke River Park
528 Stewiacke River Park Rd
Stewiacke East, NS
|Areas Served||Fundy Region|
|Contact||Hilary Paquet, Parks and Trails Coordinator, Municipality of the County of Colchester|
|Description & Services|
|Information||This beautiful picnic park is a hidden gem beside the Stewiacke River.
Enjoy this natural, forested park with mature pine, hemlock and spruce trees.
Watch for wildlife, including bald eagles commonly seen along the river.
Facilities at Stewiacke River Park:
• large timberframe picnic shelter with barbeque
• covered picnic tables
• walking trails (total length 2 km, loop) along the river and through the woods
• river access for swimming (unsupervised), boating and fishing
Know When You Go:
• Some of the park is wheelchair accessible, including the main picnic shelter, toilets and lower paths. The playground is partially accessible.
• Barbeques are available at the main picnic shelter and the back picnic area. You must bring your own charcoal briquettes.
• Dogs must be keep on leash. Please pick up after your pet.
• There are two wheelchair-accessible, composting toilets; one near the main picnic shelter, and one at the park entrance.
• Changehouses are located near the main picnic shelter.
• Hunting is not allowed.
• Off-highway vehicles are not allowed on the trails.
To inquire about scheduling an event or reserving the picnic shelter at the park, please contact Colchester Recreation or use the Picnic Park Reservation online form.
|Hours||8:00 am - 8:00 pm daily|
|Dates||mid-May to mid-October
Walkers are welcome year-round. Parking is available at the entrance during the winter.
|Tags||Canoe/Kayak ; Family-friendly ; Fundy Connect ; NS Trail Guide ; Outdoor Recreation ; Park ; Playground ; Recreation Categories ; Trails ; Walking|
|Categories - General||Community Parks ; Hiking Trails ~ Hiking ; Hiking Trails ~ Snowshoeing|