|Record #: ARR0015||Last Modified: 22 Feb 2016||Last Full Update: 24 Oct 2015|
|Located Within||Annapolis Royal|
|Where To Find Us||
136 St. George St
Annapolis Royal, NS B0S 1A0
|Areas Served||Annapolis Royal|
|Description & Services|
|Information||The Annapolis Heritage Society is a non-profit organization committed to the preservation, promotion and presentation of local heritage. Its mandate is to support its mission by:
- responsibly operating its museums and resource centres
- developing relevant programming
- continuing research, discovery and collection activities
- committing to the rehabilitation of buildings, through example or advocacy
- educating the broader community about local heritage and its benefits
- actively supporting relevant community and government aims which benefit heritage preservation.
The Annapolis Heritage Society owns and operates two museums — the O’Dell House Museum and the Sinclair Inn Museum. It also manages North Hills Museum, on behalf of the Nova Scotia Museum. The Society operates its Genealogy Centre out of the O’Dell House Museum.
The Annapolis Heritage Society is a member of the Federation of Nova Scotia Heritage, the Council of Nova Scotia Archives, the Nova Scotia Heritage Trust and the Genealogical Association of Nova Scotia. Our executive director is a member of the Canadian Museums Association and the South West Nova Scotia Curators Group.
Support for the operations of the Society comes primarily from membership fees, donations, financial gifts and grants. It is a registered charity.
To learn about membership, please click here.
To learn about volunteering, please click here.
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Organizations ; Recreation Categories ; Volunteer Opportunity|
|Categories||Cultural Heritage Programs ; Genealogy Programs/Services ; Volunteer Opportunities ~ Cultural Heritage Groups|